|Press Room | Press Statements|
Last updated: 02 June 2016
FAWU Members At Goal Wholesalers Embark On Strike
2 June 2016
More than a hundred members of FAWU employed by Goal Wholesalers in Phillippi Industria, Cape Town embarked on a protected strike on Thursday, 26 May 2016. Workers are fed up with their ruthless employer and the union demands the following:
- A 15 % wage increase across the board;
- Double the normal hourly rate on Sundays and public holidays;
- 4 Weeks annual leave and an annual bonus;
- Wage inequalities to be addressed;
- 4 Months paid maternity leave (at 45% of salary);
- Protective clothing to be issued at the company`s expense instead of workers having to purchase their own.
Workers are determined to strike until their demands are met.